We are passionate about helping people with Empathetic AI
We are a team of faculty and graduate students from the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology with the passion for and experience in Empathetic Conversational AI. We carry out cutting-edge research and transfer its results to solutions that benefit people and the society. Our team has deep academic and industry experience in speech and natural language processing, affect recognition, as well as machine learning.
We are making contributions to the advancement of empathetic machines and AI:
To fight the current Covid-19 pandemic, we teamed up with researchers from the Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research (CAiRE) to roll out a state-of-the-art neural question answering and abstractive summarization system CAiRE-Covid >>
- An empathetic neural chatbot CAiRE >>
- Best Paper Award from the 3rd NeurIPS Workshop on Conversational AI, “Attention over Parameters for Dialogue Systems” >>
- Outstanding Paper Award from ACL 2019, “Transferable Multi-Domain State Generator for Task-Oriented Dialogue Systems” >>
- Best Paper Award from 4th Workshop on Representation Learning for NLP (RepL4NLP) 2019, “Learning Multilingual Meta-Embeddings for Code-Switching Named Entity Recognition” >>
- Outstanding Paper Award from 4th Workshop on Representation Learning for NLP (RepL4NLP) 2019, “Modality-based Factorization for Multimodal Fusion” >>
- Champion of the Chatbot Millionaire Challenge 2019 >>
- Fourth rank out of more than 150 teams in SemEval 2019 EmoContext, NAACL 2019 >>
Interested in working with us? We want to hear from you!
If you are looking for support in the field of Empathetic AI, please send us a message and we’ll be happy to discuss further with you.